Embedded Firmware Engineer
Shatin, Hong Kong
GRE Alpha is a leading provider of next-generation, energy-efficient LED power supplies and lighting control systems. With over 20 years of experience in power electronics, our talented R & D team in the US, Hong Kong, and China is pushing the boundaries of efficiency and performance in LED power supplies and dimming controls used in residential and industrial applications.
We are seeking an experienced, self-driven engineering contractor to partner closely with our US, Hong Kong, and China based team to deliver firmware for embedded microprocessors used in LED power supplies. The ideal candidate will have a broad based o knowledge that includes developing hardware and firmware for networked electronic devices. Prior experience working with commercial automation systems (e.g. lighting control, building management, industrial control) or consumer electronics (e.g. home automation security, sensors, PC peripherals) is highly desirable.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional stakeholders to define product requirements, firmware architecture, and development strategies to ensure optimal design decisions are made
- Design, code integrate, test, support, and enhance software solutions for embedded microprocessors used in wired and wireless communication devices, switching power supplies, sensors, and gateways
- Perform system integration and validation testing activities, including verification of interoperability within overall solution
- Self-manage workload and priorities from a remote location, keep projects on the track, and provide appropriate status updates to team members and management.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, computer Science, or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years designing and coding embedded firmware.
- Experience and background in consumer of commercial, or industrial electronic product development (ex. Microprocessor/Microcontroller (ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4), sensors, digital and analog circuit and power supply)
- Ability to read and understand electrical circuit schematics
- Knowledge and understanding o electronic product manufacturing, factory programming / automation.
- 2+ years experience with wired (UART, I2C, RS485, CAN DALI) and wireless networking (ZigBee, or BLE or IoT) etc. at the MAC level including development, modification, tuning and /or support of network stacks
- Non-RTOS based, low level embedded and real-time control experience
- Experience in real-time control - Analog, digital, interfaces - ADC, DAC, PWM etc
Interested parties, please send full resume with expected salary and date of availability by email to firstname.lastname@example.org